Playing games on the computer is surely a pleasing experience for all of us. We all love to unwind after a long day’s play. And some amongst us define unwinding by playing games endlessly. Today’s games imitate real-life scenarios. This requires a high-end computer system as well as all the relevant hardware components to be performing at their optimum best in order to create a lag free gaming environment for the user. Here in this article, we look at tinkering with FPS (Frame Rates Per Second) to optimize our gaming experience.
Update Graphics Driver :
Obtaining the latest Graphics Driver for your Graphics Card enables it to perform at its optimum best. Today’s games put a lot of stress on the Graphics Card and it is imperative that it is equipped with the perfect driver in order to perform as intended.
- Download the manufacturer’s website to download the updates for the Graphics Card’s driver.
AMD | Intel | Nvidia
- Now type Device Manager in the Search Box on the taskbar and open it.
- Expand the top-most node.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the Graphics Card and select Update driver software.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Browse to the file you downloaded in step # 1 and select it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update.
Reduce Screen Resolution :
Decreasing the Screen Resolution means the in-game image quality suffers to an extent Ontheo their hand, however, it leads to an improvement in FPS and the overall game experience.
- Type Screen Resolution in the Search Box on the taskbar.
- Click Change the Screen Resolution.
- This will open up the Settings window.
- Select either of the following Screen Resolutions:
- 1920 x 1080
- 1600 x 900
- Click Apply.
Disable Special Effects :
Doing away with Special Effects in the game also leads to an overall improvement in the gameplay. Below are some of the options that you can play with to bring about a further improvement in the gameplay. Be advised that the actual names may differ, though.
- Disable the following features:
- Bullet decals
- Dynamic shadows
- Anisotropic filtering
- Ambient occlusion
- Lower these features as much as you can:
- Texture quality
- Game detail
- Foliage quality
- Exit and re-launch the game.
Go for Overclocking :
Overclocking basically entails running the processor at a speed even higher than the one recommended by the manufacturer. However, this isn’t something you should go for unless you absolutely know what you are doing and you are damn sure about the limits to which you can stretch the computer’s hardware. This is due to the fact that overclocking can lead to, in extreme cases, the hardware components suffering from extensive damage or even burning altogether! So it is highly recommended that you don’t go for overclocking unless you are either a computer geek yourself or you can are being ably aided by something who is well versed with computers. If you wish to go for Overclocking, then read the manual that you got when you purchased this computer/ laptop. Next, restart your computer and go to the BIOS Setup. If you can’t locate any similar option over there, use a third-party software to do so.
Use a Game Booster :
Turning off unwanted Windows Services that don’t add any value to your computing experience is a wise option and should be pursued. A computer software can help you do so without worrying about which services have to be stopped and which ones should be continued. Doing so manually can be a never ending task and at the same time, you can’t be 100% sure about the efficacy of your actions unless you’re an absolute master at computing.
- Download RegInOut System Utilities.
- Install it by executing the setup file.
- Launch the program and head over to the Game Boost tab.